Sunday, April 29, 2012

X: X-Men

Ah, X. Such slim pickings. Well, my choices were the Xanth books, Xanadu, and X-Men.

So we’ll go with the one I encountered most recently.

X-Men
Genre: movies, science fiction



I liked this Marvel franchise just fine when I saw it in the theater. Enough that I saw X2 and X-Men: The Last Stand, as well as X-Men Origins: Wolverine. But not X-Men: First Class yet. I keep going back and forth over whether James McAvoy’s presence is enough reason to watch it.

Considering how many of them I’d seen, you’d think I’d be less…lukewarm about it. But this is one franchise I’ve watched more for special effects and the caliber of actors than for the story. The first one was pretty cool, though. I guess I'm in a Matrix situation here. I keep watching them, hoping one will come along that will match the first.
In the meantime, I watch X-Men for these folks:
Hugh Jackman
Halle Berry
Patrick Stewart & Ian McKellen
Rebecca Romijn

James McAvoy
James McAvoy again
Oh, what the hell. One more. :)














Hmm. Maybe I’ll watch First Class after all. J

No comments:

Post a Comment